Best Packing Tips for your move
San Diego Movers
- Keep the following supplies handy for packing: Boxes, marking pen, bubble wrap, newspaper and tissue
- Tape and scissors
- Tape measure
- Use strong boxes and containers that can be secured tightly. Purchase special boxes for dishes, wardrobe and other special items. Pack audio-video equipment in their original boxes. Label cables and tighten transit screws. If removing screws, tape them to the objects they are removed from.
- Avoid loading more than 50 pounds into one box.
- Label each box and indicate the following: (a) Which room it should go in (b) Whether it is fragile (c) If it should be loaded last so it will be unloaded first.
- Cushion contents with packing material such as bubble wrap, newspaper or tissue.
- Save room by using towels and blankets to wrap fragile items.
- Pack books tightly on end in small boxes. If musty smelling, sprinkle talcum powder between the pages and wrap the book before packing. Leave stored for a couple of months to eliminate the smell.
- Have rugs and draperies cleaned before moving and leave them in wrappings for the move.
- Pack medicines in a leak proof container.
- Carry all valuables with you.
- Check with your local U.S. Department of Agriculture for regulations regarding moving plants from one state to another. Many states have restrictions on certain plants to prevent importing bugs or pests that can destroy valuable cash crops..