Are You Looking For A Reliable Mover In Hemet? Call (951) 894-6465 Today!
Poway, California Moving Services
Moving can be surprisingly stressful. You can be unsure about exactly what needs to be done and when, and everything can feel upside down or up in the air. If you’re making a business or local residential move in Poway, our experience and expertise can make everything less worrisome. It’s best to get started at least a month before the big day. Just ask us for a free in-home estimate on moving and packing and we’ll help you start getting organized and ready. Or check our packing tips here. We’re the local Poway moving people trust — just check our Yelp and Google reviews. And we offer senior and military discounts.
Right Way Movers
Family owned and operated since 2002, we’ve spent over 15 years building and maintaining our reputation for integrity and courtesy. Our professional movers are held to high standards and are not temporary workers. As a local Poway moving company, we see the big picture in our business. So you can count on a complete estimate and explanation with no hidden surprises as well as on-time moving day arrivals. We live up to our promises and never give fake excuses.
So call us to request an estimate for moving in Poway. We’re fully insured and licensed by the California Public Utilities Commission (CAL T 189696) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (US DOT 1154565).
Read Our Recent Customer Reviews
Our Poway, California Moving Services Include:
Local Home Moves
We tailor everything to your needs and preferences. Whether you need local moving to a studio apartment or a mansion, we have you covered. For your residential move, you can choose full or partial packing, or pack everything yourself. We’re the experts in padding furniture and recognizing fragile items. Just let us know about any items of personal value. Unlike many Poway moving companies, we’re happy to move only furniture and major appliances, or just a few items.
Local Business and Office Moves
Our business relocation services take moving details off your plate. Whether retail or office moving we’re quick and economical. Cubicles, modular furniture, heavy file cabinets, business electronics? No problem!
Although not exclusively a military moving company, we employ veterans and understand the personal and logistic challenges of military moves. And we support our military families with generous discounts. Our staff is experienced in dealing with TOs (Transportation Offices under their various nomenclatures) and recognize the regulations and entitlements of temporary duty or permanent change of station.
New to Poway, California?
Welcome to the “city in the country.” An hour’s drive from Camp Pendleton and 40 minutes from San Diego, the City of Poway is a great place to live and work.
The Poway Unified School District (PUSD) outperforms most districts in the state. It currently has 37 locations to serve the city’s 16,128 households (2010 census). That includes 25 elementary schools (kindergarten to 5th grade), 6 middle schools (6-8th grades), and 6 high schools (9-12th grades) plus a K-8 school and a home-schooling program.
The City of Poway provides trash, recycling, water, and sewer utilities directly (https://ecare.poway.org/ecare_live/). Gas and electricity are from SDG&E, and the local cable companies are Cox Communications and Time Warner.
How to Prepare For Your Move
- Get Rid of Clutter. If you don’t love it, use it, or need it then get rid of it. That’s what garage sales and charities are for. If there’s something that might seem like junk but you can’t bear to part with, that’s fine. It’s a love-it item that will ease your transition into your new house.
- Still Cluttered? If you’re still in the selling process consider renting a storage unit for anything you don’t need for staging your home or what you need to use in the next several weeks.
- Set aside important documents so they don’t get mixed in during any last-minute packing rush.
- Make sure to order moving boxes and packing supplies far in advance just in case something’s in short supply. That will also let you get started packing early. Important supplies include paper, padding, tape, and markers. After giving you an estimate, your moving company will have a very good idea of how much you’ll need.
- Ask your movers to bring wardrobe boxes. That way your clothes stay on hangers for super-quick packing and unpacking, with no ironing needed. Or cover a group, still on their hangers, with a trash bag and move them yourself.
- Find the important resources near your new home — the nearest grocery store, the best route to your doctor’s office, where the kid’s school is, and so on.
As the Day Approaches
It helps to focus on the excitement that you’ll soon be in your great new place (that counts as a tip, by the way). But there’s packing, lots and lots of packing. Here are more tips on what you need to do before the moving company arrives for a less stressful move.
- Start packing several weeks ahead. Don’t try to do it all at once in just a couple of days
- Pack room by room, one room at a time.
- Mark each box with the room and the box’s contents. Put that on 2 sides so the label info will always be visible.
- Pack things you use the least often first, the things you use the most often last. Label things you use daily (towels, dishes…) “Open First.”
- Don’t move empty suitcases! They’re perfect for toiletries and next-day clothes — just like you were going on a trip.
- Not everything needs to go in a box. Things from a dresser can be quickly wrapped and returned to the drawer. Linens and towels can go in empty furniture nooks.
- Use beach towels and older blankets as padding around furniture and artwork.
- Avoid buying frozen foods — they don’t travel well!
- Document the condition of your home with photos and notes to establish the condition it was in when you left. That includes walls, ceilings, flooring, and fixtures, inside and out.